- The ‘Drudge Report’ highlights some of the top stories from around the world in a basic & quick to read format
- Its got a HUGE readership: over 15 million hits in the past 24 hours!!! and over 4.5 BILLION hits in the past year
- The BBC do a weekly magazine item listing ’10 things we didn’t know last week – you can see the archive here
- Some examples… ‘Scouting for Boys by Lord Baden-Powell is the fourth bestselling book of the 20th Century, after the Bible, the Koran and Mao’s Little Red Book’
- ‘We each get a completely new skeleton every 10 years, because of cell renewal’
- ‘Spiralling obesity rates are forcing councils to upgrade their crematoria, to take wider coffins.’
- ‘It is cheaper to ship waste from London to Shenzen in China than it is to send it by road from London to Manchester.’
– 10 or so ‘Laughter quotes’ at Sugar Shock
– e.g. ‘He who laughs, lasts!’ 🙂
*Click here for multiple intelligences article*
I like the way people are starting to think of intelligence in different ways. Instead of just the traditional IQ style intelligence, people are now talking about emotional & bodily intelligence etc.
*Becoming/being self-employed article here*
Especially aimed at web-workers, a nice little summary of ‘best practices’ for the self-employed is available at WebWorkerDaily (lots of other interesting posts here as well.)
*Low calorie food pics here*
Someone’s put together a collection of pictures that show what 200 calories of food looks like. They start off with a picture of loads of celery and work all the way down to a tiny bit of oil in the bottom of a glass. The pictures were taken with the same camera and using the same setup, so the portion sizes can be easily compared. V cool!
Digg is a GREAT place to go to find out what cool/interesting/fun sites people have come across. Its a major (ranked 88th most popular site in the world! at Alexa.com) ‘social bookmarking’ site, where members submit ‘content’ (weblog posts, news articles, etc.) Other users then check out the content themselves and if they like it they ‘Digg’ it.
Mortgage refinancing can “substantially slash mortgage repayments” – this article details five easy to follow steps to help you get the best mortgage rate you can, and to pay your mortgage off early.
The BBC have reported on the discovery of a new mineral which was described in the film Superman Returns as Kryptonite! See for yourself here. Does this mean the real Superman is out there as well?!?!? lol
Time turns friends into enemies, enemies into friends… Time builds Love, Loyalty and trust. The full poem is here. Enjoy 🙂
‘Who is sick?’ is a site where users record their illnesses. The data gets plotted on a Google map so, for example, you can see if you’re the victim of the latest bug going around. There’s a bar chart showing whether reports of different types of sickness are growing or falling, various search functions and a discussion forum. The site’s still in its infancy but this could well be an interesting site to come back to once its been going for a while. Remember to ‘Digg’ it up if you like it 🙂
This is just so true!….. (the video is about how close a person needs to be for you to hold the door open for them.) V funny 😀
The BBC has an interesting acticle on this subject, which follows on from a recent European survey. The summarised answer is “To be well off, have a better work-life balance and good public services, and, possibly, to lower our expectations” The comments are quite interesting as well.
Very funny comic stip 🙂 – this is probably a familiar sight (in some form or another) to most people out there…
Possibly not what you’d expect from the title, this is a short, but uplifting little post.
Great post and very interesting site ran by a guy called Ririan.
Check out this little funny… (not a full comic, just a little one pager)
V funny comedy advice video from Steve Martin and friends 😀
This came from an interview with Morgan Freeman, talking about ‘picking up’ acting. I think this applies to physical ‘tools’ as well. For me, when I picked up a badminton racquet, it just fit… it just felt right in my hand straightaway… know what I mean 😉
Anyone care to share on this one?…
(For more on Morgan, check out his entry on IMDB.)