- This tiny little freeware utility lets you cut and paste any part of your screen
- You can cut rectangle/squares, or do freehand cut and pasting
- You can cut with/without borders and define border thickness + colour
- V Cool 🙂
– VERY cool site where people send in postcards with their secrets written on the back
– Some are quite intense/adult in nature (you have been warned!)
– Cards are usually done in quite an arty way
– Site claims it is ‘the largest advertisement-free Blog on the Web’ (hit counter shows 74 million + visitors)
*Low calorie food pics here*
Someone’s put together a collection of pictures that show what 200 calories of food looks like. They start off with a picture of loads of celery and work all the way down to a tiny bit of oil in the bottom of a glass. The pictures were taken with the same camera and using the same setup, so the portion sizes can be easily compared. V cool!
Digg is a GREAT place to go to find out what cool/interesting/fun sites people have come across. Its a major (ranked 88th most popular site in the world! at Alexa.com) ‘social bookmarking’ site, where members submit ‘content’ (weblog posts, news articles, etc.) Other users then check out the content themselves and if they like it they ‘Digg’ it.
Funny cat pictures… LOADS OF THEM!! There are around 2,500 pictures of cats in all kinds of funny poses over at the ‘Kattalogen.’ Some have funny quotes on them, and some are just plain funny pictures.
NB. all of the pictures are thumbnailed on one big page!
The Daily Mail has pics of some very unusual gadgets. After the slippers with headlights, my favourite is probably the ‘shuffling shoes’, which might actually be quite useful?…
**60,000 plastic bags**, the number used in the US every **five seconds**
106,000 aluminum cans, the number used in the US every thirty seconds
These and more pics here
Sometimes its better NOT to try and be helpful… (Click here for the pic) 🙂
DownThemAll is an awesome free Firefox extension that lets you download all the pictures and/or videos that a page links to, with a click. It only downloads from links that are part of a series, so it won’t pick up banner ads etc, and its also got a built in download accelerator!
I’ve been using it for a while now and it gets a big thumbs up from me 🙂
Majorgeeks.com have a list of ‘must have’ freeware for a whole bunch of uses. They highlight their picks based on whether they’re suitable novices, intermediates, or ‘Majorgeeks’ – very helpful 🙂
From athousandandone.com “Our aim is to form a collection of the most amazing photographs ever captured”