- All you need to do is add ‘?random’ to the end of your URL and the link will go to a random page on your blog e.g. click here for a random post from my blog
- See the article on this function here
- WordPress have just joined forces with Box.net to give us a cool widget to let people download big files
- You can see an example and learn more here
– 10 or so ‘Laughter quotes’ at Sugar Shock
– e.g. ‘He who laughs, lasts!’ 🙂
– VERY cool site where people send in postcards with their secrets written on the back
– Some are quite intense/adult in nature (you have been warned!)
– Cards are usually done in quite an arty way
– Site claims it is ‘the largest advertisement-free Blog on the Web’ (hit counter shows 74 million + visitors)
*Becoming/being self-employed article here*
Especially aimed at web-workers, a nice little summary of ‘best practices’ for the self-employed is available at WebWorkerDaily (lots of other interesting posts here as well.)
Get some free traffic to your blog / web site (through a site called ‘ipings’.) All you do is fill in 4 boxes on a form (name, URL etc), and click submit. When you do, a bunch of sites get notified that you have new content for them to come and index. Its a dead easy way to increase traffic to your web site / blog.
**WARNING! – you should only use the service when you add new content to your site. Pinging without having new content “probably will get you banned or ignored”!!
If you want to know about how the site works and what happens when you ‘ping’, check out the ‘about‘ and ‘to ping or not to ping‘ pages. Well worth reading IMHO – there are good explanations of how web spiders work and how pinging can help you get listed on major search engines!